Henry Law, „Beacons of the Bible“ 1869*
(Deutsch: siehe am Textende)
The Bible is the richest treasure of the world!
Without it, the palace is a dark blank.
With it, the poor cottage sparkles with celestial light.
- It is the transcript of God’s heart.
- It tells what human reason is too weak to find.
- It is pure truth without one shadow of error.
- It gives knowledge on all things needful for time and for eternity.
- It is a safe guide through life’s entangled path.
- It is a compass . . .
through shoals and rocks;
amid winds and waves;
to Heaven’s eternal rest!
- The sage is ignorant without it.
- The peasant learns from it salvation’s road.
- It is a solace for every hour.
- It is a companion always ready to converse.
- It cheers when other comforts fail.
- It is arrayed in every charm for the intellect.
- It never wearies.
- It is always fresh.
- Its oldest truths cannot grow old.
- Its readers become more wise–and more holy.
- Other books may puzzle and corrupt.
- The Bible is from Heaven, and leads to Heaven.
- It enters the heart with purifying grace.
- The more you search the Bible – the more your minds will wonder, and your hearts will love.
- Read it as literally true. – Then no human philosophy will beguile you.
- Ponder its characters. – You will find on them the intrinsic stamp of truth.
„The Bible is . . .
- an armory of heavenly weapons,
- a pharmacy of infallible medicines,
- a mine of exhaustless wealth,
- a guidebook for every road,
- a chart for every sea,
- a medicine for every malady,
- and a balm for every wound!
Rob us of our Bible, and our sky has lost its sun!“ (Thomas Guthrie)
„Oh, how I love Your Law! I meditate on it all day long!“ Psalm 119:97
„Your Words were found, and I ate them–and Your Word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart!“ Jeremiah 15:16
© www.gracegems.org , March 20, 2018
DEUTSCH: Siehe hier:
Du muss angemeldet sein, um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen.