Pastor John MacArthur explains what is the heart of the Gospel to Kirk Cameron from 2. Corinthians 5:21 (Justification by Faith Alone/Sola Fide)
„God made Him (Jesus) who had no sin to be sin (offering) for us, so that in Him (Jesus) we might become the righteousness of God.“ (The Great Exchange: My sin for Christ’s perfect righteousness).
Romans 4:2-8 „If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? „Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.“ Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:
„Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.““
Galatians 2:16 „know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.“
Romans 1:16-17 “ For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the Gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: „The righteous will live by faith.““
Ephesians 2:8-9 „For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.“
For in depth explanation of 2 Corinthians 5:21 by John MacArthur, go to video message
„The Gospel of Eternal Hope: 15 Words of Hope:
- The Gospel of Eternal Hope: 15 Words of Hope – Part 1
- The Gospel of Eternal Hope: 15 Words of Hope – Part 2
- The Gospel of Eternal Hope: 15 Words of Hope – Part 3
© White Horse Inn (www.whitehorseinn.org) – Michael Horton & Grace to You (www.gty.org) – John MacArthur & The Way of the Master (www.thewayofthemaster.com) – Ray Comfort & Kirk CameronSoli Deo Gloria! To God Alone Be the Glory!
This explanation of the essential Gospel truth is a be continuation of the visual in post No. 8!
- The Gospel – Timeless Thoughts & Helps
- The Gospel – or not the Gospel?!?
- The Gospel (1) – Ecumenical vs. Evangelical
- The Gospel (2) – Idolatry, Demons & Ecumenism
- The Gospel (3) – Unequally Yoked
- The Gospel (4) – The Radical Difference between Believers and Unbelievers
- The Gospel (5) – Do we have forgotten that the way is narrow?
- The Gospel (6) – Samuel Davies – He preached his own funeral sermon
- The Gospel (7) – John Bunyan – The infernal Dungeon of Hell
- The Gospel (8) – The Great Exchange
- The Gospel (9) – The Heart of the Gospel explained in two Minutes (by John MacArthur)
- The Gospel (10) – Jesus, the Son of God, IS the Gospel – even for Muslim
- The Gospel (11) – The Parable of the Sower and bad Evangelism
- The Gospel (12) – The Non-Negotiable Gospel
- The Gospel (13) – Can Truth survive in a postmodern Society?