11. Study to show yourself approved unto God!
Nait Saint: The great work of the pulpit is to press the authoritative claims of the Creator and Judge of all the earth—to show how short we have come of meeting God’s just requirements, to announce His imperative demand of repentance. . . . It requires a “workman” and not a lazy man—a student and not a slothful one—who studies to “show himself approved unto God” (2 Tim. 2:15) and not one who seeks the applause and the shekels of men.
Source: G3 Conference
12. Preach the right Nature of Christ’s Salvation!
A.W. Pink: „The nature of Christ’s salvation is woefully misrepresented by the present-day evangelist. He announces a Savior from hell rather than a Savior from sin. And that is why so many are fatally deceived, for there are multitudes who wish to escape the Lake of Fire who have no desire to be delivered from their carnality and worldliness.“
- Part 1 (Reminders #1 and #2)
- Part 2 (Reminders #3 and #4)
- Part 3 (Reminders #5 and #6)
- Part 4 (Reminders #7 and #8)
- Part 5 (Reminders #9 and #10)
- Part 6 (The Kind of Preaching God blesses)
- Part 7 (Reminder #11 & #12)
- The entire Series (6 Parts)
- Preaching & Preachers (Martin Lloyd-Jones) — (ebook – PDF format here!)
- Die Predigt und der Prediger (Martin Lloyd-Jones)