in Deutsch: siehe Links am Beitragsende!
New Law Banning Evangelism Outside of Churches – No Religious Gatherings or Sharing your Faith at Home
Neues Gesetz zum Verbot der freier Evangeliumsverkündigung und von Hausversammlungen
Russian President Vladimir Putin signed an anti-terrorism law. The bill toughens punishment for acts deemed to be terrorism and for the organization of „mass unrest,“ according to the Los Angeles Times. It would also introduce prison sentences of up to a year for those who fail to report such crimes.
„This new situation resembles the Soviet Union in 1929. At that time confession of faith was permitted only in church,“ (Fox News, July 12, 2016)
Furthermore, Charisma News reports that the law entails:
- Foreign guests are not permitted to speak in churches unless they have a „work permit“ from Russian authorities
- If a friend or relative from outside Russia wishes to share his/her faith in your home the guest will be fined and expelled from Russia.
- Any discussion of God with non-believers is considered missionary activity and will be punishable.
- Missionary activity will be permitted by special government permission. Example: If one traveling on a train shares his faith without written permission the offender will be taken into police custody for the duration of the journey and will be fined 50,000 rubles ($1,000).
- Offenders from the age of 14-years-old will be subject to prosecution
- Religious activity is no longer permitted in private homes. Most churches in Russia meet in homes.
- Every citizen is obligated to report religious activity of neighbors to the authorities. Failure to be an informant is punishable by law.
- One may pray and read the Bible at home but not in the presence of a non-believing person. You will be breaking the law and be punished.
- If the church has purchased property it cannot be converted into a place of worship.
- In church buildings, it is not permitted to invite people to turn to God. Worship services are permitted but making a non-believer a follower of Christ is against the law.
Here some reports:
- the cripplegate, July 19, 2016
- Los Angeles Times, July 15,2016
- Edward Snowden tweeted: „#Putin has signed a repressive new law that violates not only human rights, but common sense. Dark day for #Russia.“
- Fox News, July 12,2016
- Christianity Today Gleanings, July 8, 2016
- Christian Post, July,12, 2016
- Christian Post, July,3, 2016
- Forum 18 News Service, Oslo, July 8, 2016
- Mission Network News, July 8, 2016