Biblical Manhood and Womanhood: “Singleness” – 1 Corinthians 7:1-9
- Some have a gift for singleness. (“gift of self-control”)
- Some don’t have the gift of self-control, but they’re still single. (“gift of suffering”)
- Principles for moving from singleness to marriage:
- Before you are concerned about who you should marry, you should be concerned about who you are.
- Know what you are looking for.
- Know what you are getting into.
- Seek a spouse in a community of brothers and sisters.
- Seek a spouse in the context of authority with the guidance of wise people.
- Seek a spouse with an eye to compatibility (e.g. only Christians, theological
agreement, mutual attraction)
- Seeking must happen in the context of purity.
See what the God wants to tell you through His Word:
To be continued…